Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 22, 2019

The Jimi Hendrix Experience: "Are You Experienced?" Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono, Reissue, Japan, 1980 (Polydor)


When I was 12-years old I went to London.  I remember many things on that specific trip, but one of the pleasant memories is discovering The Jimi Hendrix Experience at Robert Fraser's flat in 1967.  He had a copy of this, and I went back to Los Angeles, I immediately found the American version of this classic debut album.  It took me 50 years to realize that the UK and U.S. had a different song order and songs.  Still, when I bought a used Mono version at Tower Records in Shinjuku, I was delighted. First of all, I never heard this album in Mono before, and it's an amazing punch to the stomach and head.  We know how great Hendrix was, but The Experience was an incredible band.  Mitch Mitchell's (is that is the real name?  If not, what a great name) jazz-style drumming was a perfect flow for Hendrix's guitar and Noel Redding's bass playing.  I also love the British cover than the American one.  To me, it is such an iconic image.  

No comments:

Post a Comment