Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 6, 2013

April March - "Paris In April" CD Album


April March – Paris In April
CD Album, U.S., 1996
Sympathy for the Record Industry

The enlarged version of the EP Chick Habit, and its a great album. What we have here is bi-lingual versions of the songs that were originally in French. For many in English speaking land this was the first introduction to the seductive world of French pop. Françoise Hardy, Gainsbourg all classics and it is filtered through April's sensibility. Also when I compare her recordngs with Bertrand Burgalat, I prefer this one. The physical distance from France somewhat makes this album more dreamy as a concept.

My parents interest in French poetry and cinema and then April's album set me up for what I had to do, which is to become a publisher. Its the small gestures that turn into something larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment