Total Pageviews

Friday, May 19, 2017

The Valentinos' "It's All Over Now" b/w "Lookin' For A Love" 7" 45 rpm single vinyl (ABKCO)


What an incredible double-sided single.   Of course, I know the Rolling Stones version of "It's All Over Now" which is amazing, but The Valentinos version is remarkable.  Written and performed by Bobby Womack and his brother, this is an amazing recording.  It's funky but what makes this record a real go-go is the drummer.  I don't think I have ever heard such a fantastic drum track than this single.   "Lookin' For Love" is born to be played in a dance club.   Do the Valentinos have an album?  All I can say is that this single or the two songs are excellent.  I can't imagine what they must be like in person.  I'm not sure when this record was recorded, but my guess its somewhere between 1961 and 1963.  Wow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment